On 24/10/2023 18:24, Matthew Seaman wrote:
On 24/10/2023 13:54, DutchDaemon - FreeBSD Forums Administrator wrote:
Does anyone in 'port land' know what the current developments are wrt CertBot (or py-crypto under its hood)?

CertBot is happily compiling against OpenSSL 3 from ports, but when running 'certbot', the crypto side of it talks to the base system OpenSSL 1.1.1, hence failing because the OpenSSL 1.1.1 library does not understand the OpenSSL 3 calls made to it.

 From what I understood, this was due to an error/regression in pkgconf(?) which causes some type of 'path reversal' that causes py-crypto to ignore the OpenSSL it was compiled against, favoring the base system library.

I either have to revert a whole lot of servers back to OpenSSL 1.1.1w from ports in order to renew certificates, or wait for "any movement" in getting the path reversal addressed/fixed.

So: does anyone know where we're at with this?

certbot is running just fine for me on stable/14 with openssl 3.x from ports.  Note that stable/14 has openssl 3.x in base.

    Cheers,

    Matthew

Yes ;)

I knew that that would be 'the other option', but tracking -RELEASE and its patch levels is currently preferred over here.

Got a tip about 'dehydrated', so maybe that'll work for now, until 14-REL is on the books.