On Sat Jan 06, 2024 at 11:46:42AM -0800, J. Scott Heppler wrote:

> Most of the CAD software is Qt Based and I've been running an OpenBSD Dual
> Boot system with ArchLinux and LXQt.  Essentially, I tried to build the
> lightest, CAD compatible environment possible.  With all of Rafael Sadows'
> work, I suspect updating LXQt should be low hanging fruit.
>
> My own build uses kwin instead of openbox and the only issue I had was
> turning off the animation eye candy without kwindowsystems installed.  It
> was actually a ~/config file that I preserved before deleting kwindowsystem.
>
> The older meta-package brought in openbox and gtk dependencies that would be
> unused code when using kwin.  Kwin should also be more wayland friendly
> going forward.
>
> I think it's worth opening a discussion to set the meta-package structure
> and get developers behind the project.  I'm not interested in spending days
> generating patches only to have them ignored for months and go stale.
>
> If it can come together, I'll contribute some of the updates.
> ---
>
> J. Scott Heppler

If you want to update and test LXQt 1.4.0 you can find an update diff
here:

https://github.com/sizeofvoid/wip-ports/commit/79f5e47c05c4a8341e7873dd850e2077ca5e7293

In a Sunday evening mood I update LXQt to 1.4.0 just for fun. It's quite
straightforward but I don't plan to continue here unless someone starts
taking a look.

https://twitter.com/sizeofvoid/status/1744090390892867838/photo/1