I just installed current on an older machine and will try to build.
My intent is to change the WM in the meta package to kwin for 2 reasons:
1) Upstream is Qt centric and if they don't fork their own Qt Window Manager, they should continue to accomodate kwin.
2)  Theme options (kvantum) would be consistent.

The older Qt4 based kwin was said to pull in alot of dependencies, the newer Qt5 kwin not so much. If OpenBSD's build of kwin works reasonably well, I will incorporate Landry's guidance into the meta package with kwin, xfwm4 and openbox.

We have a snowstorm coming in and I'll be home bound for a day or two.
If this goes smoothly, hopefull I can post a patch by midweek.