I too appreciate Postfix. For several years, I ran my own mail server for my
domain on a Macintosh at home. Postfix made it easy. Eventually, Apple made it
too difficult plus increased travel made the idea of it running unattended for
weeks made me nervous (I was not worried about Postix, I was worried about my
Internet connection as well as network hardware in the house). But I still use
Postfix as an outgoing-only mail server for mail generated by various programs
on my computers.

I also appreciate this list. As opposed to many other support venues that help
people fix their current problem with no understanding of the issue, this list
has always been more about education so the user understood what their issue
was and could then fix it themself (give someone a fish, you feed them for a
day; teach someone to fish, you feed them for life). That coupled with Wietse’s
participation and being open to ideas generated by how us real-world users
actually use Postfix (as opposed to some computer companies (I’m talking about
you, Apple) that think they know the one, true way to use their product and any
other way is wrong) along with his thorough knowledge of Postfix results in a
very quick implementation of new ideas (where else can you offer an idea and a
good reason for it and have a patch implementing it in a few hours?).

All in all, well done!

--
Larry Stone
lston...@stonejongleux.com