All,

I will appreciate feedback on the following draft for a web page to be
added to https://www.ccadb.org/cas/.

Thanks,

Kathleen

Link on "For CAs" page: "Usage Guidelines"

Web page URL: www.ccadb.org/cas/usage-guidelines

This page is intended for CA Owners who have requested and obtained access
to the CCADB. We look forward to your help in keeping your CA’s data
up-to-date in the CCADB, and ask that you follow these usage guidelines.

Usage Guidelines

Each CA Owner should:

   -

   Consume less than 5 daily-unique-logins per month on average (i.e., one
   day per week).
   -

      There will be certain months in which you need to log in more
      frequently to update data regarding your CA, which is why we focus on
      average usage.
      -

   Designate one individual who usually logs into the CCADB on the CA’s
   behalf.
   -

      An individual who has an account that can log in to the CCADB is
      called a Primary Point of Contact (POC) in the CCADB.
      -

   Designate one or more backup individuals who can log in to the CCADB on
   the CA’s behalf when the primary individual is unavailable, with a maximum
   of 5 Primary POCs for each CA Owner.

Authentication to the CCADB’s production environment via the CCADB API
<https://github.com/mozilla/CCADB-Tools/tree/master/API_AddUpdateIntermediateCert>

consumes a license and counts towards the daily-unique-login numbers.
Testing with the API should be done in the CCADB Sandbox environment so
that it does not consume daily-unique-login numbers.

If your CA needs to consume more than 5 daily-unique-logins per month on
average, then please notify supp...@ccadb.org to explain why.

We welcome you to add your ideas to CCADB Public
<https://groups.google.com/a/ccadb.org/g/public> about the information that
you would like the CCADB to provide without requiring a login and how you
would like to obtain that information.

Daily-Unique-Login

   -

   A Primary POC logs into the CCADB via a Salesforce Community License

<https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/developer-relations/2014/02/salesforce-communities-licenses#:~:text=What%20happens%20if%20I%20go%20over%20my%20monthly%20limit%20allocation%3F>
   .
   -

   Salesforce counts one login each day a POC logs into the CCADB, which is
   referred to as daily-unique-login.
   -

   The CCADB Steering Committee

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U0nF59Im1Eu46QUhFHnU8VL6_JhTTtW66VRIJH9KIkA/edit?usp=sharing>

   member organizations are currently paying for a monthly allotment of
   daily-unique-logins for CAs.
   -

   Salesforce follows a yearly entitlement policy to determine the number
   of used daily-unique-logins (i.e., our monthly allotment x 12), which
   resets annually on August 5.

—-