On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 8:51 AM Roy Smith <r...@panix.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to follow the directions at
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Tutorial#How_to_submit_a_patch
>
> I made a branch (roysmith-T340447) and committed my patch there.  Then I did
> "git pull --rebase origin master", but when I do "git review -R", it lists a
> whole bunch of changes that it's going to commit.
>
> The outstanding commits are:
>
> d2d427f6e (HEAD -> roysmith-T340447) Make test independent of current
> directory.
> 8d0a3fd85 (origin/master, origin/HEAD) Update git submodules
> be68060bc (master) Update git submodules
> 3c58add93 fix end of file
> 2b0db6e0a make files with shebangs executable
> 5eb15cc79 [FIX] do not test sys.argv[0]
> 137bcdff5 Update git submodules
>
> Do you really want to submit the above commits?
>

> I don't have any experience using git rebase, so I'm not sure if this is what
> I should be expecting.

Did you add multiple remotes? Check `git remote -v`. If this is the
case, and if your current branch tracks a different remote that is not
"origin", this can happen. And a simple workaround is `git fetch
--all`.

That said, you can go ahead and send the patch anyways. Gerrit won't
create duplicates.

YiFei Zhu