Mr Pratt --

I have to be honest. I find the attitude perceived in this post to be rude, demeaning, and uncalled for. Like you, I was in a situation a few years ago wherein I had to migrate my office's mail server needs from a machine I'd had nothing to do with and no control over to another fully-featured server in a matter of weeks. I did not have time to do this any other way. I could not find the documentation - in manners I could understand quickly and work with effectively - on any other project save QMT. Frankly, QMT saved my company, and in the process my job.

The people on this list, including the developers, have been very supportive, very responsive, and very helpful. I will be the first to admit that I do not understand everything I would like to understand about the why and the how of the inner workings of the pieces and parts of QMT. I try, and I think I understand more today than I did three years ago. But I must say that your attitude of negativity to those who do not yet know as much as you is the very reason people end up shelling out thousands of dollars for the hardware and the MS software to fill these business needs: because if they shell out enough money, they can make Microsoft and/or others help them, keeping things functioning and allow them to do their jobs.

The positive and supportive attitude of others on this list, like EE, ES and Jake Vickers - and they are the rule, rather than the exception - is exactly what /all/ FOSS projects need if they are to succeed in gaining the 'street' and business credibility they require.

Like it or not, sometimes a network admin gets thrown into the deep end and has to accomplish things that are far outside his or her knowledge and expertise. Belittling her for asking for help and support accomplishes nothing, except perhaps making you feel superior. I'm sorry I don't meet your expectations. I'm also sorry you don't meet mine.

Roxanne