On 2 April 2024 at 09:41, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
| On 02/04/2024 8:50 a.m., Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| > On 2 April 2024 at 07:37, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| > blosxom, simple as it is, takes (IIRC) filesystem ctime as the posting
| > timestamp so would be best if you had a backup with the old timestamps.
| >

| Looks like those dates are gone -- the switch from svn to git involved
| some copying, and I didn't preserve timestamps.

You can recreate them. Nobody cares too much about the hour or minute with a
day as there (always ? generally ?) was only one post per day.  But preserving
the overall sort order would be nice as would not spamming the recent posts
with old ones.

| I'll see about regenerating the more recent ones.  I don't think there's
| much historical interest in the pre-4.0 versions, so maybe I'll just
| nuke those.

I suspect you will have to do it programmatically too. You could even take
the old timestamps of the svn and/or git commits and then touch the ctime (or
maybe it was mtime, I forget but 'touch --time=....  file' works). "Been
there done that" for part of my 20+ year old blog infrastructure too.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org