On 04/01/2012 01:52, Peter Langfelder wrote:
On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Carl Baribault<crlbr...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Dear All,

I've seen posts to the effect that..
1) choose.dir is only available for windows, and
2) tk_choose.dir would be the linux equivalent.

I'm still having trouble with the subject package on linux/rhel6.

I've specified --with-tcltk during ./configure, and I still get the response...

install.packages("tcltk")

My understanding is that tcltk is included in the base installation
now. You should be able to load it using library(tcltk) without
explicitly installing it. You can install tcltk2 as an add-on package.

Yes, but you need OS support (for both).

Whoever installed this R needs to read the R-admin manual and note the need for -devel RPMs for Tcl and Tk. Then study the configure messages which tell you if tcltk was built.

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk