> But it would be nice if "Writing R Extensions" would expand their cmake
section to cover scenarios like this one.

Now that I double check, I see that it is mentioned at the end of the CMake
section. So I guess, the only way to improve the section would be to
include a link to a complete example script that includes all the bells and
whistles needed to get CMake running with R.

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]