Dirk,

can you be more specific, please? I suspect that it may be rather an issue in
your package. All build machines have the official cmake releases installed and
there are many packages that use it successfully. Here is the report on the
currently installed versions. If you require more recent version, let me know.

high-sierra-x86_64$ /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin/cmake --version | head
-n1
cmake version 3.17.3

big-sur-arm64$ /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin/cmake --version | head -n1
cmake version 3.19.4

mac-builder-arm64$ /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin/cmake --version | head
-n1
cmake version 3.21.2

big-sur-x86_64$ /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin/cmake --version | head -n1
cmake version 3.26.0

Cheers,
Simon