My understanding is that the order of CRAN repos available in
`options("repos")` are tried sequentially. So if cran.r-rproject.org is
first, that will be tried. If the package is not available there, the next
repository will be tried.

I do appreciate the ease of release to R-universe quite a bit particularly
because you don’t need to vendor rust deps.