This is what I got when trying to run R from the console

R version 4.3.0 (2023-04-21) -- "Already Tomorrow"

Copyright (C) 2023 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing

Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin20 (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

During startup - Warning message:

package ‘datasets’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found

Error in loadNamespace(name) : object 'pkgInfo' not found

In addition: Warning message:

In loadNamespace(name) : package ‘compiler’ has no 'package.rds' in Meta/

Fatal error: unable to initialize the JIT

Fernando DePaolis, Ph.D.
Dean of Academic Operations & Integration
Associate Professor
Middlebury Institute of International
Studies<http://www.middlebury.edu/institute> at Monterey
[Sent from Outlook for Mac –MacBook Pro]
My working hours (US Pacific time zone) may not be your working hours. Please
do not feel obligated to respond outside your normal work hours, unless
otherwise indicated.