Dear Prof. Ripley,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 9:03 AM Prof Brian Ripley <rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Apple Clang 14.0.3 and its associated SDK change to MacOSX13.3.sdk broke
> about 25 CRAN packages (3 with segfaults) and 17 remain broken (and also
> with Xcode/CLT 15 beta 4 which uses a newer build of 14.0.3).  But in my
> checks mmrm 0.2.2 is not one of them.

Thank you, that is good to know. It could be interesting to learn from the
fixes of these R packages, do you maybe have a list of the package names
already which you could share?

Packages should aim to be platform-independent. So rather than expect
> all check systems to run the same toolchain, make sure your package
> works on all that are available.

Fully agree, generally we aim to be compatible with all CRAN tested
systems. In particular for Mac I am quite new to the different combinations
of R itself and packages being compiled, which compiler versions can be
combined etc.

> I believe mac-builder uses different
> ones for 'release' and for 'development' but you write as if it uses
> just one -- and I know that there have been changes since R 4.3.0 was
> released.

Thanks, I will also test the 'development' toolchain and see what happens.

It is possible to download different CLTs from
> https://developer.apple.com/download/all/ and switch between them (for
> the compiler you will need to install them in turn but you can switch
> between installed SDKs).  I have 14.2, 14.3.1 and 15 beta 4 downloaded
> and switch between them.

Thank you, that is very helpful!

> Given the several recent security alerts, if you are running macOS
> 13.3.1 I would suggest you update to 13.5.

Thank you, that is very helpful!

Best regards
Daniel

--
*Dr. Daniel Sabanés Bové*
Senior Principal Data Scientist

F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
PD Data Sciences - Data Science Acceleration (DSX)
B. 663
CH-4070 Basel
Switzerland

Discover our products at go.roche.com/statistical-engineering (internal
page) and go.roche.com/statistical-engineering-presentation (public)
www.roche.com

*Confidentiality Note: *This message is intended only for the use of the
named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized use of the information
contained in this message is prohibited.

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]