From: "Liam J. Revell" <liam.rev...@umb.edu>
Sender: r-sig-phylo-boun...@r-project.org
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 11:12:22
To: Alison R. Davis Rabosky<arda...@berkeley.edu>
Cc: <r-sig-phylo@r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-sig-phylo] Rotating a fan tree

Hi Alison,

Since the "fan" or radial style tree is just a phylogram bent into a
circle, if you rotate all the nodes of the tree you will rotate all the
tips at the top of the radial tree to the bottom (and vice versa).  For
instance:

library(ape)
tr1<-tr2<-rtree(10)
plot(tr1,type="fan")
for(i in 1:tr2$Nnode) tr2<-rotate(tr2,i+length(tr2$tip))
plot(tr2,type="fan")

I'm not sure if this will be any help at all, though.  The same
principle applies with radial.phylog in the ade4 package:

library(ade4)
radial.phylog(newick2phylog(write.tree(tr1)))
radial.phylog(newick2phylog(write.tree(tr2)))

Hopefully someone else has a better idea.  - Liam

--
Liam J. Revell
University of Massachusetts Boston