​Howdy folks
​​
I think the original Atlantis was really more of a somewhat stoutened All
Rounder (which was intended to be good for a lot of things ;^) than a true
touring bike.  Also, going back to the beginning, IMHO RBW wasn't really
about hand crafted bikes (although that aspect was celebrated).  Having
Waterford, then others, make them was the only way to get what GP wanted to
offer.  I think GP would have been happy to offer batch made/low production
bikes from the beginning, if it had been feasible...

Doug