To me it just seems like a totally unnecessary stand to take. I have a disc and
rim bike. I like both. They both stop. My Atlantis is my favorite, but I do
worry about wide rim availability. What is there beyond the cliffhanger?. The
world has moved to discs, and I think it has pros and cons but definitely
nothing so destructive I’d want riv to lose customers over it (they are).
Going forward, I wouldn’t buy a rim brake bike, and especially not a rough
stuff one. 1- I already have one, 2- they aren’t noticeably better in my
experience.
I hope riv sells 1 million gus’s. I think it’s a cool bike, but I agree with
joe that it seems to be filling an increasingly small niche that riv has
already filled multiple times.
I spend a lot of time trying to buy riv stuff, but I probably won’t buy another
of their bikes unless they offer a disc model. Again, not because I’m so in
love with discs, just because that’s an easier bike to have now and I don’t
know many downsides. I want riv to flourish and the disc brakes suck hill seems
like a really small one to die on.