Fwiw, just a few observations in case they help someone find an ideal bar
shape.

For a medium+ size American man (ideal level tt size is 60 c-c), I've got
relatively short arms and small hands, and yet my favorite bar of all time
is a long reach traditional bend Maes Parallel, precisely because of the
long ramps. I install my bars with ends parallel to the ground, and that
does effectively shorten the ramps somewhat, since I like my brake levers
positioned rather higher than the old-fasiohned "ends of lever even with
bottom of hooks" standard, but nonetheless it is the long ramps of the MP
-- 115 mm, 20 mm longer than the Noodle. The difference is the relatively
shallow drop: 125 mm versus 140 mm. I make up for the longer reach with a
relatively short stem: 8 cm (typical effective length and not Nitto
length).

I switched from short reach (95 mm) large drop (140 mm) Nitto drop bar with
agressive hooks* to the Maes Parallels. I compensated by raising the stem
from 7.5  cm below saddle to the current 3-3.5 cm below saddle to
accommodate an aging neck, but the longer ramps still allow a comfortable
aero position on the hoods and in the hooks because of the longer reach,
while the middle of the long ramps allow a more upright cruising position
and the flats are closer, thanks to the higher stem, than with the earlier
one. Altogether the best of all worlds, imo.

* Nitto 165? IIRC the Nitto Dream Bar, #176, was a Rivendell modification
of the one I have in mind.

OTOH, if you want what is effectively a no-reach bar: I installed a
Specialized Hover bar on the Monocog because even trimmed and adjusted
upright bar (MAP/Ahearne) with Ergon grips were not as comfortable as
drops; yet I needed a short bar to compensate for the long top tube.

With a 7 cm +30* stem the Hover gives me a riding position rather more
upright and relaxed than my already rather relaxed road drop position,
though with the Monocog I could probably benefit even further with a
miniscule 30 mm or so reach Analog stem, as long as the rise was great
enough. The Hover has essentially no ramps between flat and hoods, only
enough required by the bends in the tubing. It's pretty comfortable, but
even better would be a sufficiently high no-extension stem with -- yep, a
wider Maes Parallel. If I replace the Moncog and can't get a custom with
short top tube, I'll use an Analog stem and a wide 44 cm Maes Parallel a cm
or 2 above saddle.