for the same reason people seem to like woom i've tried to avoid it. kinda
fits in line (IMO) with liking rivendell. its a bit off the beaten path.

with that said, we came upon our kids first bike through a buy nothing
group on facebook. the brand is kokua, and it weighs less than most if not
all the balance bikes on the market. weight weenie i am not, but a kid
needs a light bike. and a parent needs a light bike when theyre forced to
carry it.

i liked the bike enough that when it came time to bump up to the next size
(with pedals this time) i searched for a used kokua 16 pedal bike. unlike
woom, they DON'T hold their value that well so when i found one i ended up
only paying $100 for it.