How I know a saddle fits, triangulated:

i. First off, the most comfortable saddle for hours-long rides is not
*necessarily* (in fact, rarely) plush and comfortable as soon as I sit on
it. My favorite saddles (B68 for upright, B17 Champion Special for when
less than upright) feel just OK when I get on the bike, and my sitbones are
in the 13cm range, and I weigh around 165lbs. Raced bikes in the 70s and
80s; now I stop and smell the flowers.

ii. Because it fells just OK, I'm led to think "should I be trying out that
other saddle someone else recommended"? Then I remember I've tried just
about every major brand out there in the past several decades, and then,
after an hour or so, I completely forget about the saddle.

iii. After the ride - shortly thereafter, and the next day following a
several-hours long ride: no latent issues - no discomfort, chafing,
whatever. Just nirvana of the nether region.

I always give a new saddle at *least* a few weeks of riding before
judgment. Say, a minimum dozen good rides. I keep an Allen key magnetically
attached to the frame for quick and easy tip/tilt adjustments while on a
ride, and experiment with extremes! My B68 tilt looks pretty much like the
photo on the RBW site for the same saddle, maybe angled just a bit more.

Agree with all that an objective bike fit peer review is not a bad idea.
Hope you can find someone who understands bike fit from a not necessarily
racy bike shop, unless it's racy you want!

Cheers

Chris