I'd like to replace Amber with Hibernate. We are migrating an app from
JBoss (Hibernate EntityManager) and there are lots of Hibernate
annotations used for validation, and to hint for database
optimizations. In the first pass getting things going we would like to
just drop in (as best as we can) the current entities and be able to
let Hibernate manage them as before. Later we may cut back on
Hibernate, and use Amber (but so far it seems to lack some of the
features in Hibernate).

Is there a way to replace Amber with Hibernate?