On Jun 16, 2009, at 2:22 AM, Jens Dueholm Christensen wrote:

Hi

We’re pondering setting dependency-check-interval to -1 on “resin”- level to avoid automatic restart of resin when we need to do some pre-deploy changes, but I’m unsure how to interpret “environment for updates, generally class or configuration updates”.

Does this affect updated jsp files (ie. a small hack to do some ad hoc low level change to the running VM), so they won’t be recompiled on the fly any longer, or is that controlled elsewhere?

JSP is handled separately and has its own check interval. The concepts are similar, of course, but the actual needs are different enough that it made more sense to configure them separately.

-- Scott

Regards,
Jens Dueholm Christensen
Business Process and Improvement, Rambøll Survey IT