Scott Ferguson wrote:

JSP is handled separately and has its own check interval.  The concepts are
similar, of course, but the actual needs are different enough that it made more
sense to configure them separately.

Thanks Scott

However, as Rob Lockstone points out regarding the jsp version of the setting,
the default value is inherited - but from where?

If I were to do something like

(Resin 3.0)

<resin>

  <dependency-check-interval>-1</dependency-check-interval>

  <server>

    <host>

      <web-app>

        <dependency-check-interval>60</dependency-check-interval>

(Resin 3.1/4)

<resin>

  <dependency-check-interval>-1</dependency-check-interval>

  <cluster>

    <host>

      <web-app>

        <jsp>

          <dependency-check-interval>60</dependency-check-interval>

I would still get the behaviour I want (ie. able to change resin.conf without
restart, but still get on-the-fly recompile of jsp changes), or is the setting
for jsp inherited from elsewhere (and thus the last dependency-check-interval
is unnessecary)?

Regards,

Jens Dueholm Christensen
Business Process and Improvement, Rambøll Survey IT