I got the idea from being really dumb. I was just about to post as
much. I had a typo in my resin.xml file, and it wasn't finding my
webapp, so of course it couldn't find the driver.

It's working just fine. I think, a long time ago, it was more
problematic, and I might've had that thought stuck in my head.