Hi Rom,

The Eclipse plugin does not support Resin 3.0.  The webapp
root-directory/host root-directory I believe was due to a change
in configuration from 3.0 to 3.1.  You won't be able to use a 3.1
config file in 3.0.

Also you need to use a JDK with Resin.  It looks like you're trying
to use a JRE and looks like it doesn't include the server JVM.
Resin 3.1 now requires the server JVM.  If you're doing development,
you're going to need the JDK anyway, so I'm guessing you probably
already have it and just need to use that one instead.

Take care,
Emil

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 11:06:04AM -0400, Rom Sok wrote:
> Also,
>
> I managed to create an instance of Resin 3.1 in Eclipse,
>
> But when I try to start it I get the following error:
>

> Error: no 'server' JVM at 'C:\Program
> Files(x86)\Java\jre6\bin\server\jvm.dll'.
>
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Rom Sok <romsok.re...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     I installed the Resin Eclipse plug-in.
>
>     I am now running into a small problem - the plug-in supports resin 3.1 and
>     up. I've been using 3.0.28 so far, so I decided to up my
>     Resin version. I copied app-default.xml and resin.conf from the 3.0.28 to
>     the 3.1.9.
>     I started the server from Eclipse.
>     but when i hit localhost:8080 where my application was deployed to under
>     Resin 3.0.28 - which I used to start manually, I get the following error:
>

>     500 Servlet Exception
>
>     web-app root-directory can not be the same as the host root-directory
>     /c:MyWebApp/MyApp
>
>     Why would that be happening?
>

>     On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Michael Ludwig <m...@as-guides.com>
> wrote:
>
>         Wu Wesley schrieb:
>         >
>         > Eclipse should support resin too.
>
>         Or rather the other way round. And some bugs have been fixed recently.
>
>         http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=3502
>         http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=3503
>         http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=3589
>
>         --
>         Michael Ludwig

Emil Ong
Chief Evangelist
Caucho Technology, Inc.
Tel. (858) 456-0300
mailto:e...@caucho.com
http://blog.caucho.com/

Caucho: Reliable Open Source
--> Resin: application server
--> Quercus: PHP in Java
--> Java CanDI: contexts and dependency injection