I finally got around to trying this out, and no luck.  I can't for the
life of me figure out why Resin refuses to unpack my WAR.  Every other
appserver will, including an old copy of resin 4.0.9 I found lying
around (unfortunately 4.0.9 has other issues).

Jeff

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Jeff Schnitzer <j...@infohazard.org> wrote:
> Thanks - I will try this out.
>
> I gave up and switched to Tomcat.  But I like it less than Resin, so
> maybe I will switch back.
>
> Jeff
>
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Keith Fetterman
> <kfetter...@go2marine.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> Are you still experiencing this problem?  I experienced the same problem
>> in resin 4.0.16 pro.  I pulled my hair out including performing the
>> steps you talked about in your email. I finally discovered that I had to
>> turn versioning off.  Here is a snippet from my resin.xml file:
>>
>>> <!-- creates the webapps directory for .war expansion -->
>>> <!--
>>> <web-app-deploy path="webapps" versioning="true"/>
>>> -->
>>> <web-app-deploy path="webapps"/>
>>
>> The default resin.xml file has this set to true.
>>
>> I hope this helps
>>
>> Keith

>>> It reports a webapp at /, but just the "stock" one.

>>> I haven't done anything... seriously, I just went through these steps:
>>>
>>> 1) Download resin-4.0.18.zip
>>> 2) Unzip it into a directory
>>> 3) Copy my ROOT.war into resin/webapps