On 5/17/23 2:09 AM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
As an aside, because both Rosegarden _and_ Yoshimi will have upcoming releases quite soon I was thinking of maybe doing a quick 'how-to' video on 'quick piece prototyping with Rosegarden and Yoshimi'... If it is interesting for people :-)

I would love to see this. Always nice to see people using this stuff. Gives me motivation.

I _think_ Rosegarden tries to re-connect stuff when you load a saved file and that has messed up my connections a few times.

Rosegarden tries to match up the synth names from the .rg file with the names it finds in ALSA. If it is making a mess of things, please open a bug report with the details and I'll take a look. It really should solidly match everything every time. I rewrote all of that a year or two ago and thought I had nailed it. Apparently not.

Ted.