> The errors column is 0.  The drop column is 18.  The second bit number
> is the number of packets which should grow.  At least that is how I read
> it.  Column makes it more readable in a terminal but not so much in an
> email.

Yes, my apologies. I even debated inserting a screenshot. errs was
definitely the one I referenced, and it was increasing.

As it turns out, there was some kind of network configuration issue with my
network provider that caused this fscking problem.

I knew at some point it couldn't have been an rsync problem, but I also
wasn't sure if it was a local network problem (routing, problems with the
interface, number of open files, buffers, etc).

Now I can get on with more productive projects, ugh.

Thanks for everyone's help.