Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 19:53:32 +0100
From: Franke via rsync <rsync@lists.samba.org>
To: just subscribed for rsync-qa from bugzilla via rsync
    <rsync@lists.samba.org>
Subject: BUG? rsync ends without message by delete files

Hi!

Is this a bug, or did I miss a setting?

When synchronizing and deleting files, rsync (version 3.2.7  protocol
version 31 AND before) simply stops whitout comments.
No error, no message, nothing in the syslog.

Rsync works normally, but after delete some on, it ends.

I try'd --max-delete=100000000 to, but no effekt.

Command are:

rsync -vaxHSPAX --delete $SOURCE $TARGET

The dirs containing in sync containing approximately 40 million files to
delete.

And I can't delete it by hand as we need to drive some recoveries after
a server crash and relocation.

Any Ideas?

Gruss
Franke