Gang,

> I thought the same thing, about FTP-ing files back and forth.
>  But what
> about having a spot on the rtlinux web page where a person
> could go and
> upload a file to the web page, and then once the code is
> uploaded he/she
> could message the person the code was intended for and tell them to go
> there and download it.  The the server could just check to see if the
> file was a virus or not, instead of each user.  It could act as a code
> repository also, with perhaps a perl script maintaining things.

        If we are going to ask people to go to all this trouble, why not
simply recommend they establish an RTLinux World Wide Wiki, much like the
one used by the tcl community?  The WWWiki could be used as a repository for
example code with problems, as well as the corrected versions, etc.  This
would serve as a collection of common problems and their solutions.

        With a WWWiki we would also have a place to develop beginners
material as a collaborative effort.

Regards,

Steve Cohen