I agree entirely.

I've been lurking on this list for quite a while (most of the content goes
whizzing over my head at this stage :-).
However, I cannot really say the last time I have seen a legitimate
attachment...

I have certainly seen plenty on inline inserted text which would cover
99.9% of people's problems I would expect.

Plain text email sounds good. What is it now, about 5 odd hahahaha virus
emails ?

For what it's worth, I've never had a virus land in my inbox until I joined
this list!

At 09:25 PM 4/04/2001, Dean W. Anneser wrote:

> > Isn't it slowly getting time that the RTL mailing list admins
> > take responsibility and disable attachments ?
> >
> > - Erwin
>
>I read my mail on a Unix system and luckily and have not been infected by
>viruses targeting the
>windoz environment.  However, I would like to propose for purposes of this
>mailing list that the
>standard be simple plain flat ascii text -- no attachments, no word
>documents, no HTML, etc.
>
>Thoughts ?

Cheers Ray

          Ray Jones SOTC                 Bureau of Meteorology
  ,-_|\   E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Radar Engineering Section
/     \  Phone: +613 94194578 (Office)  192-194 Johnston St,
\_,-.*/            0417825276 (Mobile)  Collingwood, VIC, 3066
      v   Fax:   +613 94190204           AUSTRALIA