On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM, Colin Law <clan...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 16 October 2012 23:15, Erwin <yves_duf...@mac.com> wrote:
>> Thanks , I had that feeling... I'll test it by tomorrow ...  is there
>> any links related to this being illegal ? just for my notetaker
>> pad ...
>
> If ever you have any markup and you just want to check whether it is
> legal you can paste it into the w3c html validator and it will check
> it for you.  In fact any time a page is misbehaving in a strange way
> it is a good idea to check the html for validity, and before any page
> is made public it should be checked.  Even if a page looks ok there
> may still be invalid html there which can make it perform differently
> on different browsers.

Since I didn't see the rest of this I'll just comment as if it's
future-proofed markup.  In HTML5 <form /> simply means <form>, it's a
grey area, it's not allowed but it's parsed and even has parsing rules
but it means <form> so you will end up with a parsing error eventually
possibly.  It has parsing rules because of XML and XHTML.  It does not
mean <form></form> like most people assume.

While I agree with Colin that you should check with the W3 validator I
also think that you should take any of the HTML5 markup validations
with a grain of salt and refer to the spec
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/ because there are grey areas that will
get you later.