> I was just doing a slight grammar improvement. However, if it should
> be rewritten: Where is an English or French source that would be a
> good base for writing the German text?

The original text was:

   http://wiki.sagemath.org/A_short_introduction_to_SAGE

which is also totally (totally!) outdated, e.g.

  * we ship many more packages => broader scope
  * the acronym was dropped
  * the contact e-mail shouldn't be William's private e-mail anymore but the
     mailinglist
  * the URLs are outdated => http://www.sagemath.org

so this text could also be updated/edited/removed.

Maybe the frontpage of http://www.sagemath.org would be a nice starting point
for a translation/a new intro?

Or, maybe David Joyner (who wrote the original intro) or somebody else is
interested in updating/revising it?

Anyway, thanks for looking into this.

Martin

--