+1 to Nils remarks.

Please also consider backward compatibility.   If you remove a bunch of
things, I'm probably just going to have to add them back on cocalc to avoid
all the headaches of people's code breaking. There might be a ton of random
code out there that will break if you remove a bunch of imports.

It would be nice to have a different entry point to Sage that has
*dramatically* less imported by default.  By I don't think it should be the
default, just because of backward compatibility.

William