> I appreciate the efforts by Matthias and others to provide a roadmap for
the proposed transition.

+1

Nobody would buy a new house which has not been built yet without a good
animation of how it would look like.

> Is there more than "trac is what we're used to"? Can those who are
opposed please articulate the reasons?

I think it's natural that people want to know which advantages of the old
house will be gone after the move. Therefore, we should not ask this
question before the animation has finished.