I think part of a solution could be PR templates, which add structure to
the PR description (= the first comment). That could be a way of adding
Authors (and Reviewers) to a PR.
https://docs.github.com/en/communities/using-templates-to-encourage-useful-issues-and-pull-requests/about-issue-and-pull-request-templates
https://docs.github.com/en/communities/using-templates-to-encourage-useful-issues-and-pull-requests/creating-a-pull-request-template-for-your-repository