I already pointed out that our project will certainly benefit from being more
like successful Python systems, e.g. how they don't vendor compilers and a good
portion of PyPI packages.

CoCs are a nice cherry on the tart, yes.

PS. The question whether an attempt to sneak the NumFocus application through
the back door without a proper community consultation is a violation of our CoC
is left as a homework for the readers.