I support Matthias' initiative to join NumFocus.  Looking at the application
<https://github.com/sagemath/sage/wiki/NumFOCUS>, there are only a few todo
items:
* Describe the shared history with Cython and IPython.  This doesn't need
to be extensive, but would be useful.
* If we update the code of conduct in #37501
<https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/37501>, we should update the dates
when the code of conduct was last modified.

There is also discussion at the bottom about Sage's governance structure,
but I don't think that's required for an affiliated project.
David