Thanks for working on this, John!

I like that they are aspirational goals, being nice to each other shouldn't
be that hard.

There are always going to be questions "what exactly is now allowed", but
its impossible to enumerate everything. Is it OK to push to somebody else's
branch, or change the issue description? Maybe. Surely fixing a typo is OK.
But hijacking somebody else's issue to do something that wasn't intended by
the author is not OK. Unless you talked about it first, and agreed on it.
Then its OK again. Maybe you though the change was welcome, but it turns
out it wasn't. Just be nice and reset the branch to the previous state, no
harm done.