It's very important to note that with multiwinner approval voting, merely
counting the votes per candidate and picking the top ones can lead to
rather unfair results
(unlike in the single winner case).

For instance, if we elect k=3 candidates out of 6, say, $a,b,c,d,e,f$, and
out of N=19 people, 10 vote for $a,b,c$, and 9 - for $d,e,f$, then, with
approval voting, $a,b,c$ get elected (as $a,b,c$, get 10 votes each, more
than $d,e,f$), and almost half the voters, 9 out of 10, get no
representation of their views.
This is obviously bad - in such a case a fair outcome would be something
like $a,b,d$. Here "fair" has to be quantified, of course.
I've posted some details (and pointed at some solutions) on this here:
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/37501#issuecomment-2004121053

It would be interesting to get the anonymised returned ballots and see if
we did well on this occasion.
As well, adjustments ought to be made along the lines outlined above.

Dima