I propose a governance change for a small part of the main Sage repository:
1. The directories *.ci, .devcontainer, .github/workflows*. These are
special directories that control the GitHub workflows that run for example
on pull requests and when release tags are pushed, as well as the Dev
Containers feature on GitHub.
2. The file *tox.ini*. It contains the infrastructure for portability
testing of the Sage distribution (
https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/developer/portability_testing.html).

3. The file *src/doc/en/developer/portability_platform_table.rst *(which I
update using "tox -e update_docker_platforms").

I think we should restrict the scope to the files and directories strictly
in the CI infrastructure.  Anything under `*src/*` should be excluded.

*Proposed change: *All changes to these files are made through PRs. When
the PR is ready, a developer in the Maintainer role directly merges the PR
into the "develop" branch. In other words, switch to the "Show" model for
these changes.

I fear that developers in the Maintainer role could conflict in making
changes to the CI-related files, as we suffered in the disputed PRs. So I
suggest to have only one Maintainer for those files. As we acknowledge a
certain dictatorship of the release manager, we may have a vote to elect
the CI manager and give him/her a restricted dictatorship and
responsibility.