David Joyner wrote:
> This is less than what google or sun does. However, GAP does nothing like
> this.
> On the other hand, GAP is organized around modules (often single-authored
> and sometimes with non-GPL'd licenses), with a small number of people
> contributing to the kernel. I don't think Maxima does this either. But
> as I pointed out
> in the original post, the book by Van Lindberg seems to be indicating
> that this is
> something he recommends thinking about.

Linux is a huge open-source project to which lots of huge corporations
are committing code, as well as single people.  What do they do?  What
about other projects that have lots of people committing code?

I agree it's better to be safe than sorry, but I also am pulling for
making the contributing process streamlined.

Jason