On Dec 11, 1:57 am, "John Cremona" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi John,

> All well via upgrade from 3.2.1 and all tests pass on Suse 64-bit.

Yep, I did some build testing and all tests passed for me on 7
different machines, so it looks like so far we have very little to
worry about.

> Built fine, tests still running on ubuntu 32-bit.  (I put my laptop to
> sleep and went to bed forgetting that the -tastall was still running.
> When I woke it up this morning it just carried on from where it left
> off, with only a 9 hour timeout on some test to show for it.
> Impressive!)

:) - we have had a timeout report about a year ago caused by the same
problem. It took us a while to figure out what had happened, but it
should be all good now.

> Something weird happened with the 32-bit Suse build so I am starting
> afresh with that one.

Ok.

> #4741 is looking good, I hope to add a new patch and mark it as "ready
> for review" soon, in which case we'll need an independent reviewer (I
> reviewed the code from Tobias and Michael M and together we have fixed
> some bugs, but that is not exactly independent).

Cool. William was definitely exited about that patch and I am sure he
is happy to review it, too. He mentioned that this is the first open
source implementation of that algorithm that he is aware of, so
getting it in soon is definitely worth it. 3.2.2 so far seems to have
plenty of interesting patches merged already and there seems to be
more coming down the pipeline.

> John

Cheers,

Michael