Hello,

I'd have some questions and suggestions about the functions in
polyhedra.py. I attached a patch with some very simple doc and error
handling improvements. Please tell me if it sound useful. (the patch
is against sage 3.2.1, if you prefer me to use a more current version
of polyhedra, please tell).

I was also wondering in which circumstances is the  Polyhedron.union()
method [1] useful ? For polytopes ? By the way this method name is
IMHO misleading, I would have expected it to return the union of the
polyhedra (which may not be a polyhedron).

I also do not fully understand how cdd is called (and packaged). Is it
a separated process ? If so, is there a particular reason for not
wrapping cddlib instead ?

Last question: do you consider a Polyhedron defined with rays and no
vertex as valid from a theoretical point of view ? For instance
p = Polyhedron(rays = [[0,1],[1,0]]) is invalid
p = Polyhedron(vertices=[[0,0]], rays = [[0,1],[1,0]]) is valid
p = Polyhedron(vertices=[[0,0]], rays = [[0,1],[0,-1],[1,0],[-1,0]]) is valid
p = Polyhedron(rays = [[0,1],[0,-1],[1,0],[-1,0]]) is ????

If the last is invalid too, some sanity checks can be easily added to
the __init__() method.

[1]
 def union(self, other):
       """
       Returns a polyhedron whose vertices are the union of the vertices
       of the two polyhedra.
Best regards
bastien Barthélemy