Funny, I must be receiving a lot fewer adds than everybody else. If I
type "sagemath" into Google, I get no adds whatsoever, if I type "sage
math" I get one add saying:

"Sage Math
Looking for Sage Math? Find almost everything on eBay!"

As expected, when I click on the link, Ebay returns 0 items.

Could it be that the adds returned depend a little bit on the user's
individual search history? Anyway, I'm not fussed one way or the other
and mostly ignore the 'Sponsored Links' bar in Google, anyway. I think
it is much more important to make sure sagemath.org is among the top
hits when someone actually searches for a CAS. When I search for
"computer algebra system", I find links to wikipedia, Yacas, Fermat,
Giac, Maxima, Axiom, Reduce and a page at wpi.edu on the first page, but
not SAGE. I guess that there is some room for improvement.

Cheers,
Stan