On Apr 8, 7:43 am, Stan Schymanski <schym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Funny, I must be receiving a lot fewer adds than everybody else. If I
> type "sagemath" into Google, I get no adds whatsoever, if I type "sage
> math" I get one add saying:

There is almost certainly a random element to the ads you see.

I can search for sage and math, and get different adverts 5 seconds
later. In fact, even Wolfram's advert is not the same. Sometimes I get
an ad for

"Mathematica Home Edition"

occasionally I get an ad for

"Mathematica Home Copy"

I think the 'Edition' comes up about 10x as often as the "Copy", but
"Mathematica Home Copy" does come up some times.

But there are other ads too, which sometimes appear and sometimes do
not.

"Sage Software & Services"

and interesting one I got just now is

"algebra Help, Fast"
with a link to http://www.studentoffortune.com/?gclid=CPTj__mY4ZkCFQFvGgodUBMrWg

I assume, the more money you are willing to pay, the higher the
probability of your ad appearing.