Le 12/02/2013 11:55, Volker Braun a écrit :
+1 for having a FEM implementation.

I've seen some of the codes in numerical GR (Cactus) and they are
definitely not "generic FEM" implementations that one could apply to a
wide range of problems ;-)

On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:12:42 AM UTC, tdumont wrote:

    I like FreeFem++
    http://www.freefem.org/ff++/index.htm
    <http://www.freefem.org/ff++/index.htm>
    because it does not hide mathematics! But integrating it in Sage would
    certainly be a hard task, I think. Any opinion about this?

It already has a shared library interface, thats a great plus. I think
it would be easy to tie it in with a simple ipc messaging system much
like the Mathematica mathlink demo I posted about a month ago.

What we primarily need to figure out is how to present the functionality
to the user. I guess thats basically three pieces of information: mesh
construction/refinement, the PDE itself, and boundary data. It would be
nice if you could just throw a symbolic PDE in there and get out
something reasonable...

I know very well the guys in University Paris VI which develop FreeFem; FreeFem is widely used in the community of PDEs in France and even, a lot of money has been put in the development.
I start a discusssion with them.

Yours
t.