On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 10:14:44 AM UTC-7, Nathann Cohen wrote:

> > That's of course a noble goal, but it doesn't answer the question about
> what
> > to do on the short term (unless you volunteer to port all packages
> before
> > the next Sage release).
>
> Is there a list of those old spkg somewhere? We could see what there
> is to do by putting it on a wiki page and crowdsourcing the filing:
> which ones do we port, and which ones do we throw away?
>
> Nathann

I posted a list of some which worked for me. The full list of old-style
optional packages is here: http://files.sagemath.org/spkg/optional/.

One thing that would help is, if we restore the on-line search of old-style
packages, to not search "archived" packages. This would prevent the old
python package from being installed, I believe.

--
John