On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 3:40 PM William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 7:20 AM, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think joining NumFocus is a good idea.
>
> +1 and it doesn't preclude people/companies still donating to
> something at UW if they want to...

there are formal things needed here: (cf.
https://numfocus.org/information-fiscal-sponsorship)

What are the requirements to become a Fiscally Sponsored Project of NumFOCUS?

A Fiscally Sponsored Project must further the NumFOCUS mission and:

1) Release its code under an OSI approved open source license
(exceptions must be approved by the NumFOCUS Board of Directors)
2) Have a Code of Conduct, either adopted from our own or similar in spirit.
3) Have a community that is active and of reasonable size
4) Have multiple people willing to sign the Fiscal Sponsorship
Agreement (5 signatories for a comprehensive FSA; 3 signatories for a
grantor-grantee FSA). Those people must be active in the project; one
person may be an external stakeholder instead of a project
contributor.
5) Have a leadership body or team consisting of at least 3 people;
these people should not be employed by the same entity or share a
common affiliation beyond that of the project.

1, 3, 4 is there or very easy to set up. 5 should not be too hard either.
Perhaps the most tricky is 2 (or perhaps not anymore, after out
infamous CoC discussion fiasco we could agree it makes sense to get
something in place; we can have a look at
https://numfocus.org/code-of-conduct
and see if we can just agree to this)

Dima