Two more tickets:

https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/28686: change a bunch of packages from
optional to experimental, delete a few pip packages (as Samuel suggested).
I didn't delete all of the pip packages, just the ones that are not
compatible with Python 3.

https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/28687: change scons from optional to
experimental. I thought briefly of trying to upgrade it instead, but I
don't really care about the package, so someone else who is actually
interested will have to do that.

  John